Visa Status Question

I appeared for my visa interview yesterday. After the interview the officer told me that my visa is approved and that the courier company will contact me. She kept my passport. She said you will get your passport in a week. When I got back and checked the status of my visa it appears under Administrative Processing. From what I have read online Administrative Processing is shown when the case requires further background checks. I was never given a 221g form. What is going on guys?

Edited by ahlatsiawa

The thing is I have a Muslim name and belong to Pakistan. One of the questions the officer asked me was if I had ever traveled to Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran. Though I thought the question was a bit weird, I didn't give it much thought. Do you think they are probing into it? 

Stop worrying. They told you your visa was approved and they took your passport. If there was a problem that would have required more background checks they wouldn't have told you your visa was approved, and they would not have taken your passport.

Thanks! I also just asked a friend who was issued his visa about a week ago. He said his status also remained the same for about five days and then changed to issued.