Cal Poly SLO or Pomona (EE major

wchern

Hello guys,

I'm an international student.

And I'm wondering how are the differences and advantages between these two university (Both major in EE.)

Also, I want to work in US after graduate if I could, so I need to know more information for me to decide which one is better.

Thanks!

I'm not an Engineering major, but I know CPP - and it is a very good engineering school. There are plenty of undergrad research opportunities if you know where to look. It frequently takes more than four years to finish an engineering degree -- so be forewarned. Fifth and sixth years are common. I know a few sevens. But (importantly), I don't know anybody that seriously regrets the time they spent.

I'm an alumni of cal poly slo (not ee though) but I can tell you cal poly slo is one of the best schools in the country for engineering programs. They were named best in the west and have been awarded tons of other awards for their engineering degrees. I also have 5+ friends with engineering degrees from there and all of them either had several job offers or were accepted into graduate programs. Either school is a good choice but personally, I would go with slo. It doesn't matter much but I prefer that part of California as well. The weather is literally perfect.

Edited by Maleficent999