What am I looking at here?

dmacfour

I graduated with a M.S. in experimental psychology in December. Going for a PhD has been at the back of my mind, but I didn't start seriously looking into it until this week. As my emphasis was in Human Factors, I'm restricting myself to schools that offer a PhD in the same subject. Here's a list: http://www.hfes.org/web/students/grad_programs.html

With a 3.42 grad GPA and a 3.18 undergrad GPA, where should I be aiming my sights? My GRE score was equivalent to a little above 1100, but I don't remember the exact number. I have 2.5 years of research experience, authorship on one published paper, and authorship on a couple of soon to be submitted papers. I should be able to get strong LOR's and write a killer LOI. I'm more interested in where I can get funding than how prestigious of a school I can get into.

Edited by dmacfour

Well i would definitely retake the GRE and get that score as high as possible. Your GPAs are both low but you have good research experience. Its hard to predict what schools will overlook the GPAs but if you apply to large number (like 10 at least) then I bet you can get in with funding.