SLPA-to-SLP Bridge Program?

Hey guys, this is my first post here, so hopefully I'm submitting it in the appropriate place. I am a school-based SLPA and am getting ready to start a working M.S. program in Louisiana, wherein I'll be able to continue working full time while pursuing my Master's. It is labeled as a bridge program, and while I've heard of these for related fields (OT, PT) I have never heard of it for speech. I'm so excited I'll be able to work while getting my Master's, just curious if any of you had heard/been through/know someone who's been through a bridge program for SLP. The school in Louisiana I'll be doing this through doesn't have too much on the website about it, and since I love to be in control of everything and know what to expect, thought I would reach out here. :) I'm wondering if I won't have to do an externship since I'll be getting full-time hours on the job, as well as anything else any of you may have to offer. Thank you for reading, and any insight in advance!

• 2 months later...

I just started a program to give me an SLPA license.  I have heard of programs at Northern Arizona University, University of Northern Colorado, and University of Wyoming is currently revamping their program.  I know at NAU and UNC you have to do a medical externship in your last summer in the programs, but the work you do in your school counts for all your other hours.  

What did you like about being an SLPA and what did you not like?

Did having an SLPA help you get into grad school? Why? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am getting ready to pursue my SLPA license. I have my Bachelor's in CD. Just wondering- does anyone know of a good online program in CA? Preferably one which has both Spring and Fall cohorts. Thanks!

I just started a program to give me an SLPA license.  I have heard of programs at Northern Arizona University, University of Northern Colorado, and University of Wyoming is currently revamping their program.  I know at NAU and UNC you have to do a medical externship in your last summer in the programs, but the work you do in your school counts for all your other hours.  

What did you like about being an SLPA and what did you not like?

Did having an SLPA help you get into grad school? Why? 

Do you know what kind of changes Northern CO is planning to do?  I'm planning to apply to the program and I'm interested in learning more.