USB battery packs for Macbooks?

Lifesaver

My Macbook is almost 6 years old and could use replacing (mostly cause the battery life now sucks), but I can't afford a new computer right now. My father suggested looking into a USB battery booster for it, but I've only seen them for phones/tablets. Does anyone know if they make them for computers?

I'd recommend going to ifixit.com and replacing the battery yourself.  I replaced the fan in my macbook pro with with one of theirs: super reliable and with patience and their guides its pretty hard to mess up.

Edited by GeoDUDE!

I agree with GeoDue. You also have the option of replacing the battery. I replaced the battery in my 2008 Macbook a few years ago with something after-market at the suggestion of an Apple employee. It still doesn't go more than 5-6 hours without needing to be charged but if you can afford both a new battery and a booster you might be able to get by without buying a new laptop for a while.

Another thing: If you dont use a proper power supply, you will short the motherboard on your computer destroying it. So using a normal USB battery pack, if thats possible, will likely kill it unless its rated for the amount of power your macbook consumes. 

Thanks for the input, folks. I'm probably going to bitch out and get a new Macbook Air. I had an incident with my 46'' Smart TV while moving this week and now the screen is cracked and beyond help, per Best Buy. So, now that I've lost that and am restricted to my computer alone, I'm just going to suck it up and replace it.