I am finishing graduate school...please ask me any questions!

@rks2010: I recommend starting the search as early as possible (the beginning of your last semester at the latest). I am beginning my CFY a few weeks after I graduate.

@rainsonata: I didn't think the Praxis was too hard, but it wasn't super easy either! I attended a program that I think prepared me well for it. I also used the yellow and purple study guide, the Advanced Review of Speech-Language Pathology to go over concepts. I recommend purchasing it.

@AmandaLee: I studied by rewriting a lot of my notes/information from PowerPoint slides provided in class. That is what helped me retain information best. I would also take notes on material from textbooks. Try to keep your notes/handouts from class really organized (make binders for each subject) so that you can quickly refer back to them. You do not need to remember every single detail, just make it easy for yourself to find information you need quickly. I want to work with the pediatrics/school-age population. My CFY is at a school. I definitely feel grad school was worth it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...