Jump to content

American Looking at PhD in Canada


Recommended Posts

Is there a thread on here somewhere for American students who have gotten their Masters or PhD at a Canadian university? I am considering University of Saskatchewan, and I have some basic questions regarding the moving process, visas, becoming a resident (or not?), and bringing cars/pets into Canada for the 4-6 years that I'll be there. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's various old threads on the topic in the International forum, if you search around for a bit.


Do you have particular questions? I'm an American at a Canadian university and brought my car and pets when I moved here (though car-importing varies by province and I did this all in Ontario).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As random17 said, check the international forum. I'm an American who did their MA in Canada (UAlberta!), so if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use