RPI Technology Management

simonacirstea

I know it is very frustrating to wait. I was just like you. I couln't understand why it is taken so long. Did you talked to the PhD Program Director? That's what I did and the next day I had an e-mail with the official letter. The letter that is offering me financial aid is dated April 27th and I only received it on May 6th. Let me know how it goes!

I've been in contact with Ms. Thompson - the manager in the student services - since the beginning of the process and she told me that the program director and co-director sent emails to the dean of graduate school and not to worry because there are other people waiting for approval too especially in the MBA program. I do not know if there are anybody else waiting like me for PhD. I'm not sure about talking to the director because i haven't received any response to my emails that i've sent before, not about the graduate school's approval though.

In the beginning I was in contact with Ms. Thompson too but at one point she didn't reply back to one of my e-mails and then I sent an e-mail to Dr. Francis. He responded very quickly too all my e-mails. I live 3 hours away from Troy so I acctually went to visit RPI and talked to him about the Program. He is very helpful and he did mentioned that they are a little behind with sending out the acceptance letters. I'm positive you have no reasons to worry!

Well i call Ms. Thompson rather than emailing.. i will call today again and see if there are any news. She would send me a quick email if there was a progress though. Well anyway i'm going to send an email to Mr. Francis if i can't get an answer today. They have to rush because i will need an I-20 from them by next month. I live in NYC so i'm planning to visit them too right after they would approve me:)

Called today and got the good news, graduate school approved the admission and i'm told that my file is in the hands of the graduate admissions office (oh gosh, it will never end)and that they will send me an email about the admission decision and funding in a day or two then a following letter in mail. Do you have any idea who decides the funding decision? The department or the graduate admissions? The last thing i would want to hear is an admission with no funding! By the way, are you going to concentrate in finance?

My letter about the funding was signed by Dr. Francis! In the e-mail that I got there were two letters, one with the funding from the department and one that I have been admitted from the office of gradaduate.

My concentration is going to be strategy.

Oook. Got the funding letter and acceptance letter today, signed and mailed. It's finally all over. On the offer letter it says that it should be returned by May 5th otherwise they will assume that i declined the offer. Funny i received it on May 12th. But anyways that's not going to be a problem after this daunting process..

I have received a letter from the admission office that they need copies of my present immigration status. Also in that letter it states that the school starts on the 31st of August and that new students have to come two weeks before it starts for orientation. And after that I received a DVD about the school. Nothing about duties or responsabilities so far from the department.

Coool! Do they mention any passport information on that letter? I'm wondering if they need a proof that our passports are valid. Mine is expired and it would be a headache to extend it since there is military obligation in my home country.

It does say "Immigration documents include, but are not limited to, passport id pages, I-94 card (both sides), visa stamp in passport, I-20 or DS-2019, and any documents relating to a change of status." But I don't think they care that much about the fact that the passport is expired. I think that they just want to make sure that we are not out of status. Where are you from?

Wowww you're the next door neighbour:)) Yeahhh those days at RPI will be great, we should try to enjoy the rest of the summer there because it's going to freaking cold lol. I'm sending you my email address via PM so we can keep in touch in times we cannot here.