Degree Conversion Between US and UK

The Pedanticist

Quick question for those of you who have applied, or are attending, British universities.  I'm currently getting my Masters of Arts in liberal studies here in the states.  The degree has a significant portion of philosophy classes but gave me the chance to take other classes related to my major areas of interest.  (It also offered top notch funding.)  I also have an undergrad degree in philosophy.  I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with how the British system would treat a degree like this, would it be treated as something beyond the BA (like an MA in philosophy) or not?

this will prob depend from university from university. while most of the british universities want to see an M.phil before a ph.d/d.phil, they do make exceptions if you have solid transcript and solid research experience. to add to the confusion, in the UK Ma are taught postgrad degrees while m.phil are research postgrad degrees. if your BA ha a good gpa and good coursework, then that will mean they will be more likely to take your MA more serious methinks.

either way your best bet is to email departments your specific situation an get an answer from them.