How useful are these books?

neeny

Hi! I 'inherited' some GRE study books from the person previously in my teaching position/apartment.

They're a few years old. Are these still useful?

yWRatnE.jpg

My country doesn't have gen. ed. courses in undergrad, so I haven't taken any math classes since I was 15 years old. 

I need all the help I can get! And I don't want to mess around learning things that aren't in the test anymore.

Thanks!

I don't know how useful those books are because I didn't use any of them. But, I doubt that the content of the questions has changed much in the last few years. Personally, I went the cheap route and used this site for my preparation, which was mostly on math. The questions there did help me and seemed reasonably close to what was on the GRE itself.

Oh! I was under the impression that the test had changed quite significantly since 2011. Is this not the case?

My understanding is that the big changes were that the scoring system changed and that the questions are no longer adaptive (ie if you answer right the question gets harder and is worth more, if you answer wrong the question gets easier and is worth less). But I'm not sure that the nature of the questions changed much.