How You Spent Your Summer

Yeah, I basically do. I mean I thought I was doing a thesis for my MA, but my advisor suggested I use my idea for my dissertation instead since it's such a huge project. I fully expect it to change during research though.

• 2 weeks later...

This summer was all about moving. Quit my job, moved back to my hometown, moved abroad, came to LA and now trying to prepare for classes and a new life. Also worrying about my application next year. I am doing a MA in English, hope to improve my English and working for next year.

This summer was all about moving. Quit my job, moved back to my hometown, moved abroad, came to LA and now trying to prepare for classes and a new life. Also worrying about my application next year. I am doing a MA in English, hope to improve my English and working for next year.

Welcome to LA, neighbor! I hope you enjoy the area. There's so much to do around here!

Yeah, I basically do. I mean I thought I was doing a thesis for my MA, but my advisor suggested I use my idea for my dissertation instead since it's such a huge project. I fully expect it to change during research though.

That is really impressive. Wow. Going the MA route worked well for you.

On a somewhat related note, how do you like the CSU Long Beach English dept? And are you from that area, or did you move there to go to school?

That is really impressive. Wow. Going the MA route worked well for you.

On a somewhat related note, how do you like the CSU Long Beach English dept? And are you from that area, or did you move there to go to school?

I love CSULB. We have some real geniuses in our department and I feel very fortunate to be working under them. I moved here for my undergrad, actually. I transferred from a CC in Northern CA and came here without even touring the place. It was a big risk but I'm glad I'm here!

Welcome to LA, neighbor! I hope you enjoy the area. There's so much to do around here!

Hey neighbor,

nice to meet ya~

Thanks for the hospitality but  I have not seen much yet, since I am new here and do not have a car. I have to say that without a car in LA I am almost footless...

I see that you are applying to 7 schools that I am also interested to apply next year! Want to chat?

Cheers,

Wendy