Self Studying to the GRE quesitons

Shiran

Hi,

I am taking the test in mid of October 2014,

I have couple of questions.

1. I am trying to create a schedule for studying to this test.Does anyone has a recommended schedule or something like this?

2. What about materials? So far I bought the official book of the ESL for taking the GRE, is it enough? I saw over the internet website call "Magoosh"? is it worth something?

3. Is there any particular reason why I should take the Computer test?

Thanks for all the answers.

Shiran

A lot of people say you should allow at least 3 months of study time; more if you can't commit a lot of that time to studying. Anything you can get your hands on can be potentially helpful depending on your perceptions of the GRE. As you go through the material you should be reminding yourself about the ways you might get caught up. Keep in mind patterns and different ways you can approach a problem. The GRE doesn't require you to have a broad understanding of archaic words; rather you should be able to use the context of the sentences to help you eliminate words that don't fit. The quantitative section is the same, the GRE often uses patterns and finding these patterns will help you solve the mathematical questions

I agree with Clonazepam, most people need 3 months+ of study time to really acclimate themselves, not only to the test material itself, but also to working within a finite timeframe. Studying for quant requires you to sit down and devote long blocks of time to working problems under pressure. The reading comprehension section is equally labor-intensive, requiring a big time commitment to just sitting down and practicing. The vocabulary sections can be a bit easier, however, because you can study for those compulsively—anywhere and anytime—with books and phone/notebook apps. Instavocab and Painless GRE are two of the best Android apps out there IMO, plus Flashcards by Dictionary.com is great for memorizing your own vocabulary lists. These mobile apps are perfect because you can practice easily while you are doing laundry, waiting for a friend, or are just bored. Trust me, those spare minutes add up to a lot of time over a period of months.