Northwestern M.A. in English

Does anyone have the scoop on Northwestern's MA in English?

I know they have a good English Department, but I'm not so sure about the MA program. There are some professors I'm really interested in working with. Though, this paragraph from their website is the one that has me concerned:

The English Department's Master's program is flexible in its requirements, allowing students considerable freedom in choosing courses in English and in related disciplines. However, this program appeals to a select audience, including students who may not have earned a Bachelor's degree in English Literature but who want to increase their knowledge of the literary canon and critical theory. Running in tandem with the Ph.D. program, the Master's program's admissions standards are exceptionally high, while financial aid remains unavailable. As such, the program matriculates a small number of students every year. Graduates of the Master's program have gone on to pursue careers in secondary teaching and publishing; they have also entered Ph.D. programs at the University of California, Santa Barbara, the University of Southern California, and elsewhere.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it almost seems to say, "I don't know why anyone who is serious about their English education would want to choose this program, especially since we won't be giving you any money for it either."