HKS 2015

whtctc007

I'm guessing this is a no...but has anyone ever successfully negotiated more funding at HKS after having received some? I was offered one of the Belfer IGA fellowships, which sounds really cool, but it's only $10k a year - barely makes a dent in the overall cost. Worth trying or will I be laughed out of the financial aid office?

I did not receive any aid =( and I'm tempted to ask, but like you said, I'm not sure if I should try, knowing that MYFAID has already stated that they've already given out more aid than they actually have, anticipating for some candidates to decline the offer. 

Does anyone know historically how many people are put on the wait list for the MPP? 

It doesn't appear that exact number is (publicly) available. And it appears to vary from year to year.

But the following blog post should be helpful:

http://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/112726954733/2015-reading-and-decision-process-post-7

Edited by ReinventOneself

Hey folks! Any people here sitting tight on the wait list for the MPP hoping for any updates? I know that the supposed last day for admitted students to accept or reject their offer of admission was yesterday. I know that speculating about whether or not they will pull from the wait list does no good, but my fingers are crossed nonetheless! To all those admitted, I hope that you've settled on the school that feels like the best fit! Best of wishes to all!

Hey folks! Any people here sitting tight on the wait list for the MPP hoping for any updates? I know that the supposed last day for admitted students to accept or reject their offer of admission was yesterday. I know that speculating about whether or not they will pull from the wait list does no good, but my fingers are crossed nonetheless! To all those admitted, I hope that you've settled on the school that feels like the best fit! Best of wishes to all!

Yes, I am still waiting, still hope that I can get off the waitlist soon. 

No word for me yet. Hopefully, they release some, if any, wait list admits this week. Last year on the results search, it appears that two people were admitted on April 29. Maybe a similar timeline? I read on another thread that they would wait until already admitted students started submitting their deposits to attend before they made decisions about going to the wait list.

December 1219, which program are you waiting for?

No word for me yet. Hopefully, they release some, if any, wait list admits this week. Last year on the results search, it appears that two people were admitted on April 29. Maybe a similar timeline? I read on another thread that they would wait until already admitted students started submitting their deposits to attend before they made decisions about going to the wait list.

December 1219, which program are you waiting for?

I am on the waitlist of MPP program, how about you? 

Matt Clemons auto email says he has been away on business until Monday. I'm hoping that's the reason we haven't heard back yet.

Or they did a really good job this year with their intake calculations. :'(

Or they did a really good job this year with their intake calculations. :'(

That's quite possible. I'll continue to hope for good news. Hopefully, they will inform us either way soon.

Hi all.  Well, I can only speak about the MC/MPA program - including the Mason list - and I don't think we're going to go to the waitlists soon.  We had separate yield estimates for the Mason and the non-Mason pools, and we were off on both. Our yields are higher than we budgeted.  So for those two programs - we won't be going to the waitlist soon, if at all.  I don't know where we are on the MPA2 yields - and I have absolutely *no* information on the MPP or MPA/ID yield rates.  If you're on the MC/MPA waitlist, feel free to email me, and I'll be happy to talk through things with you.  I'm *very* sorry that we don't have better news for the MC/MPA folks who've been holding on this long.

Hi all.  Well, I can only speak about the MC/MPA program - including the Mason list - and I don't think we're going to go to the waitlists soon.  We had separate yield estimates for the Mason and the non-Mason pools, and we were off on both. Our yields are higher than we budgeted.  So for those two programs - we won't be going to the waitlist soon, if at all.  I don't know where we are on the MPA2 yields - and I have absolutely *no* information on the MPP or MPA/ID yield rates.  If you're on the MC/MPA waitlist, feel free to email me, and I'll be happy to talk through things with you.  I'm *very* sorry that we don't have better news for the MC/MPA folks who've been holding on this long.  david_king@harvard.edu  

Hello David. I emailed you before, and thank you so much for your reply.

In fact, I am on the waitlist of MPP program, and the email said we should expect to wait until late May or even June. 

I think the only thing I can do is to wait.  : ) 

Hi all.  Well, I can only speak about the MC/MPA program - including the Mason list - and I don't think we're going to go to the waitlists soon.  We had separate yield estimates for the Mason and the non-Mason pools, and we were off on both. Our yields are higher than we budgeted.  So for those two programs - we won't be going to the waitlist soon, if at all.  I don't know where we are on the MPA2 yields - and I have absolutely *no* information on the MPP or MPA/ID yield rates.  If you're on the MC/MPA waitlist, feel free to email me, and I'll be happy to talk through things with you.  I'm *very* sorry that we don't have better news for the MC/MPA folks who've been holding on this long.  david_king@harvard.edu  

Thanks for everything, David. What do you mean by saying --"no"-- information? :) 

Thanks for everything, David. What do you mean by saying --"no"-- information? :)

Hah.  I put ** around no, not quotes, because I don't have any idea about the other yields.  Sorry.  

Well I am completely shocked and pleasantly surprised to get off the waitlist for the MPP this morning! Hope good things for all of you who were waiting as well!

Did you receive an email to tell you this? :)