HKS MPP

You may want to scroll through some of the HKS related threads in this subforum. Several posters were admitted and they have posted their backgrounds on the forum. That should be a start for you.

Hey Ignacio-

A quick hit for you:

HKS had a ton of applicants this year and seem (at least in part due to this) more competitive than past admissions cycles. I'm still a bit sore about the whole process, but not too much.

What I learned:

I was not accepted at HKS.

Poli Sci

3.71 Cum GPA / 3.97 upper division

Honors Thesis

Div. 1/Pro Athletics

580/780 GRE

Commencement Address

I thought I'd have the X factor, but I think you really need somewhere in the 1350-1400 GRE minimum and at least (and I can't stress this enough) a year of solid solid work experience. I could have put off going back to school for a year and continued working (Operations Manager @ nonprofit) but I chose anyways to head back for my MPA at Syracuse.

I think you'll find that there are a handful of universities that offer as good, if not better, educations than Kennedy. Although I'm sure my relatives and friends would be impressed if I said I were going to HKS, I'm probably better off for it in the end going to Maxwell...

Food for thought, and good luck!