Not ideal resume; Should I wait a semester?

I'll be graduating with a Bachelor's in both Political Science (with an IR concentration) and Economics with honors in both next May. The problem is I currently only have a 3.25 GPA. I should (if everything goes right which it has so far) graduate with a 3.4 or 3.5. I go to a mid-level state school that's not really known for either program (but it's a big school that has sent students to top graduate programs in the past). I do not have any relevant work experience either.

Should I wait until I graduate and apply then? I am supposed to take my GRE in December (I know I waited too long) and I should get decent recs (from professors I've worked with in research and the like). Should I try and get relevant work experience?

My top choice for a master's program is American's SIS. I would prefer the MA in international affairs and specifically US Foreign Affairs. I fear that I'm only really qualified for international economics though. I don't really like economics to be honest and I don't want to commit my life to it. I'm also looking into programs at Columbia, George Mason, Pitt, Michigan and other pipelines. 

I don't want to either apply and get rejected and have to wait a year to go to a good school or else only get accepted into a program I'm not totally happy with and end up there. What are my best options?