MFA Photography 2015

markeet

My slide room status for Columbia changed from "2015 Photography" to "2015 Photography MFA."

Not sure if it means anything.

Same here. MFA was added yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it means something positive, but trying not to read too much in to it  :)

yes I attended portfolio day and talked to RIT and MassArt.

I talked to them (MassArt) too, but at the very end, so it wasn't really a serious portfolio review. That probably would have been the forth school I would have applied to. The student work looked good. I was trying to keep it simple and deal with areas/schools I was familiar with. I hope your interview goes well!

Edited by wickedkity

Thank you! yeah MassArt has pretty amazing faculty and great visiting artists this year.

Would be happy if I could go there.

I'm getting pretty excited about the interview. I wonder if it will be like a crit, since we have to bring prints?

What time is your interview, maidenvoyage?

I'm getting pretty excited about the interview. I wonder if it will be like a crit, since we have to bring prints?

What time is your interview, maidenvoyage?

mine is 10:30-11,I asked about if I will get a tour of the campus and department, the admissions said there will be grad students there.

should i assume after the interview the grad students will take us?

and yes I think it will be like a crit? talk about our works since we bring prints..

what time is yours?

You both interview on the same day, that's cool that you can meet and if (hopefully) you both get in you will know each other already!

Good luck to you too Deo.

yes! that will be nice, I wonder how many people they will interview.

mine is 10:30-11,I asked about if I will get a tour of the campus and department, the admissions said there will be grad students there.

should i assume after the interview the grad students will take us?

and yes I think it will be like a crit? talk about our works since we bring prints..

what time is yours?

I totally forgot to ask about a tour. That's a really weird answer they gave you though?

Mine is 1-1:30PM. If we could meet sometime that day, that would be really nice!

And thank you, wickedkitty!

My slide room status for Columbia changed from "2015 Photography" to "2015 Photography MFA."

Not sure if it means anything.

People are starting to hear back from the painting department from Columbia, apparently their slide room doesn't have MFA in the title.

Who knows what it means, if anything now.....

People are starting to hear back from the painting department from Columbia, apparently their slide room doesn't have MFA in the title.

Who knows what it means, if anything now.....

I'm just hoping they're getting back to painting and sculpture tonight and maybe other disciplines later this week.

Hoping hoping hoping!

Awesome! Congrats!

What date did you turn your application in on?

Thanks! I submitted my application on Feb. 1st...basically the last minute.

Sifting through last year's forum, it seems like folks got notifications throughout February, so they may or may not be coming in waves.