Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans - 2015/16

haribo

Just as a note to others anxiously waiting:

I did this two years ago, and I got a notification on Tues. Jan 8th. It's already Wednesday, so I would at least give it until the 8th (tomorrow) to worry.

I also checked, and I got my email notifying me at around noon, pacific time.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from stressing right now!

Just posted to the PD Soros FB Page:

"All 2015 applicants will be notified within the next week about their status in the current application cycle. Of the nearly 1,200 applications received, 77 applicants will move on to the interview stage of the process. We want to congratulate and thank all of our applicants. Your stories and achievements are nothing short of inspiring, and are at the core of this Fellowship."

Cheers to 7 more days of anxious waiting!

cool figure_out congrats! keep us posted so we can support you along the way too. 

for those who do make it through - i hope they post about their experiences as it would help others in the future. 

Edited by i.am.me

Congrats figure_out! 

It's a bit disheartening that although it seems that the finalists are already selected, they're not notifying all the applicants at once. Maybe they have their own reasons, but it'd be nice to just get the result out on a preset date.

figure_out, last year they asked people not to say anything until the day after to give the foundation time to reach everyone. did they mention that this year?

I haven't heard anything. I live in Kenya currently, so I'm still hoping it could work out in case they're waiting for a good time here to call. 

Guess the rest of us are out of luck! Unless they are slowly calling finalists but that seems unlikely.

Has it been verified that figure_out received a call for an interview? I believe I remember someone trolling the Soros thread a couple years back saying they received an interview, but it turned out they had not. I was curious in this instance as it seems like figure_out's post has been deleted. Was that done by mods due to some early disclosure infraction?

-Dash

Guys, let's focus on what's important... the weekend is coming up.

On a more serious note, let's not jump into any conclusions and let's wait for all the decisions to come out next Week (based on the FB post).
Edited by haribo

I'm sure the email template they sent out had a bug so the names didn't change correctly for each applicant. Since they've sent us emails and haven't called us it's a safe bet to assume that anyone who got an email is rejected.

I'm not really sad about getting rejected but Soros really messed up this year. First by not having a pre-set decision date and Facebook post which was not informative and now with messed up emails.