Current Student in NYU Higher Ed & Student Affairs

Eternal Icicle

Hi all,

I'm a current first year masters student at NYU Steinhardt in their M.A. program for higher education and student affairs. I wound up coming here with very little information about the program (I was offered an assistantship that I loved, which was the swing vote in my decision), and so I thought I would throw my voice out there and offer to answer any questions (here, or through PM) about the program for any of you HESA nerds who might be interested!

With the assistantship I have free room and board, but no tuition remission. Total bill is something like that $30k a year.

When I was applying, I had found a pdf current students had put together of what their loan/bills/assistantship packages looked like and it was all over the place, but helpful. Assistantships have widely varied benefits but it seems like everyone was coming up heavy on loans in the end.

Edited by Eternal Icicle

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know much at all about the PhD process here, but I do know some of the PhD candidates, cause they're friendly. I believe they all have contact information up on the webpage under the department > people> students, so dont hesitate to reach out to them to ask what their experience was like with the interviews.

• 1 month later...

I am hopeful reading the post by the person that is currently in the program. I am still waiting to hear something from the school, and there was some confusion on my documents getting there. So wait, I will. Good luck to us all.