Getting ready to apply...

superrupe

I am going into my senior year at Washburn University where I am getting a BAS in Technology Administration. I currently have a 3.7 in my upper division classes and 2.9 cumulative. I am planning on applying to UNLV for their MS in MIS program and they state the following requirements:

1050 GRE

OR

550 GMAT

AND

3.0 GPA

I can raise my cumulative GPA above 3.0 before I graduate. My question is what would be the best test to take: GRE or GMAT? I am also going to apply for a GA position if that will make any difference. Thank you for your help!

Neil

I am going into my senior year at Washburn University where I am getting a BAS in Technology Administration. I currently have a 3.7 in my upper division classes and 2.9 cumulative. I am planning on applying to UNLV for their MS in MIS program and they state the following requirements:

1050 GRE

OR

550 GMAT

AND

3.0 GPA

I can raise my cumulative GPA above 3.0 before I graduate. My question is what would be the best test to take: GRE or GMAT? I am also going to apply for a GA position if that will make any difference. Thank you for your help!

Neil

I suggest you take the GRE as it is more widely accepted than the GMAT, especially if you plan to do a doctoral degree at some point after this (though scores are only good for 5 years). Most university fellowships also use GRE scores as one of the many criteria for ranking candidates. So unless you plan to pursue an MBA at some point, I see no need for you to take the GMAT.