Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. Program

adenine44

I applied to 5 different schools with Biomedical Sciences or Cancer Biology Ph.D. Programs and have yet to hear from any of them. 4 of them were due on December 1st, and the last was due on January 15th. Is there anyone here having a similar issue? If not, when should I expect a response by? I'm concerned that I haven't even gotten an e-mail at all and most interviews are early February or early March...

Thanks!

You should expect a response soon. Some schools have rolling admissions, so the earlier you applied the earlier you will hear back. If you are really concerned you can call the admissions office and ask what your status is.

Have you contacted the program coordinators at each school? That's what I did, and it gave me a lot better insight and ability to wait... Sort of. Applying on the deadline puts you last in the queue to be reviewed, generally, so just hold tight! I applied on/very slightly before all my Dec 1 deadlines and just got my first interview today. I applied to Wake Forest, MUSC and USF. USF told me they were reviewing after the deadline (which was only 8 days ago) and meeting this week to decide who to interview. Remember: no news is good news, and programs are usually slower than they anticipate.