Query about I/O PhD funding?

asokto

I am a student from Bangladesh. I have completed my undergraduate from Dhaka University with major in Psychology.My undergraduate result is good. I have stood 1st class 6th position in my class. I also have a paper publication in journal. Now I am doing MS in thesis group in the respective university.I am planning to do PhD in I/O psychology. Soon I will do my GRE. But for doing my PhD I need funding. So, please help me by giving the informations that what is the required GRE & TOEFL score to get full funding?

Most american Ph.D programs fund their students, although requiring a variable teaching/research load. Many universities will require a fast didatic training for those who will teach.

For people who come from abroad, the most unknown is your eduacation system, the most important is your standardized tests.

TOEFL is usually used as a measure of fluency in English, and not in a competitive frame. I've seen requirements as low as 74 and as high as 106 (out of 120 in the internet-based version).

When it comes to the GRE, it will depend much on the competitiveness of your program. For your area, scores on the Quantitative part of the exame are usually high, I'd guess more than 10% os test-takeres make it all on the Quant section. Again, I stress that as international student admission should be a greater concern of yours in terms of test scores.

Usually, University will have a policy for funding international students. If they fund international students vis-a-vis as american ones, I doubt that many programs will hace special GRE cutoffs that are different than those for admission itself.