ETH ESOP 2015

I can't think of any scenario where I am not interviewed or sent an e-mail until now but would be granted the scholarship. But I still hope they'll at least be kind enough to send an e-mail about the negative outcome nowadays.

Ps. If i were interviewed, I'd still have hope btw.

@nonkreon, I personally still hope 10% for the ESOP :), until I receive some official e-mail (it's about time they said something!)

I see we all hate this situations of no reply at all.

The reason I hope 10% and not 0.1% is because we were ~10 people with interview and only one received a reply (it was actually a positive one). Even if I'm rejected and I get no answer, I would have expected at least another guy or two to get the scholarship.

Hi guys,

did anyone who applied for Information technology and Electrical Engineering receive a response for ESOP (positive/negative response or at least interview)?

I sent an email at the end of february and they told me that results would be sent in middle of March. Reading previous posts I understood that no one from this department received any information, is it right? 

Hi guys,

did anyone who applied for Information technology and Electrical Engineering receive a response for ESOP (positive/negative response or at least interview)?

I sent an email at the end of february and they told me that results would be sent in middle of March. Reading previous posts I understood that no one from this department received any information, is it right? 

Hi,

I'm also applied for Electrical Engineering, but I had no interview and I haven't got any response yet.

(Edit: applied for MSc. programme)

Edited by akospasztor

So any information about scholarship acceptance/rejection ? [ As it is mentioned that we will get the result in the mid week of march]  

This is their official response, it has some additional information than the ones previous on this topic.

--------------------------------------------

The conference of the ESOP commission was at the beginning of March. After the conference the rector must authorize the decisions.

The scholarship decision is independent of the ETH admission and comes by email.

The positive answer for the ESOP came middle of March 2015. The decision for the MSP comes a few days later (end of March 2015). And the negative decision will come end of March 2015 too.

You have time to confirm the ETH admission. The Admission Office is informed.

Best regards

Ladina Aliesch

--------------------------------------------

:(

@ MilosB, thank you very much for this update. As we expected, no e-mail on Wednesday 11th of March (like ribeiro) equals no ESOP. That's it with my 10% hope.

Very nice to have met you all!

Edited by tudor

I guess this leaves this thread of hopeless scientists in eternal silence from this point onward.

Gentlemen and ladies, it's been an honor waiting for the results of our hopes and dreams with you, and congrats again to the ones who were granted the scholarship.

Edited by nonkreon

Hey guys!!

Even though I was rejected for my Master programme, they sent me the decission about the ESOP, stating that I was rejected for both the ESOP and Master Scholarship, but they sent it late in March. 

I hope this serves as a future reference :) 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is basically dead, but just for the record, I was informed today that I was granted the MSP. I hope it serves as future reference.

The people commenting on this thread were really helpful. Thanks.

Weirdly enough, I got a generic rejection e-mail although I have already been awarded the Excellence Scholarship, have received the official decision at home and have accepted the award about 3 weeks ago. I am waiting for clarification, this left me slightly worried.

I know this thread is basically dead, but just for the record, I was informed today that I was granted the MSP. I hope it serves as future reference.

The people commenting on this thread were really helpful. Thanks.

Same here, was out of the blue...

Edited by kennelcrash

Same here, was out of the blue...

Congratulations to both of you. I just received an e-mail today stating that the rejection e-mail I received was indeed a mistake. I guess they forgot to take some ESOP awardees from the mailing list or something.

• 3 years later...