To the person who posted about UCLA accepting 5 students

moccacad

First, thanks for posting the results, it is very helpful! Sorry that you didn't get what you wanted, but an offer for an MA is still great :)

I also applied there and I still haven't heard anything.... Can you please write us what else you found out?

Did by any chance the professor write you if they already contacted the admitted students?

And did she/he tell you when formal answers will be sent to the rest of the applicants?

Also, if it is not too much to ask – which professor contacted you?

Thank you anyway, and good luck! 

Hi there,

My POI (East Asian art) told me that the Graduate Admission Committee has not yet finished the process. However, the chair of the committee had announced that the Department will only be able to admit 5 students (out of ca. 90) and they will not be able to admit any applicants who haven't earned an MA due to their funding situation. I'm not sure whether they had already contacted the admitted students.. or when the decisions will be made and sent to the rest of the applicants. 

Hope this helps. Good luck to you too!

It really does help!

Thank you so much for sharing this information! I was in touch with a South-Asian professor, so it is at least good to know that it's not the same one.

Another question, if it is alright with you - did you see any changes in the website? 

I don't know whether or not to contact them and ask them what my status is. I think that I will wait a few more days and see if anyone else heard from them...

You are really lucky that they have already contacted you, better to get any answer than nothing at all!

Thanks again! You are extremely helpful :)

No problem! The website still indicates that no decision has been made on my application, if that's what you were asking.

I'd say wait a little longer, since most decisions on admission are made in March/April. 

Wishing you all the best!  :D