How to explain changing job due to breakup

Hopefulgrad87

Since I submitted my personal statement, I have broken up with my girlfriend and subsequently moved to a new state. I have an interview and my new job is relevant to the work. When the interviewer asks why I moved, how truthful should I be? If I mention it was due to a relationship ending, this could be worrying to them how I'd handle it in grad school or they may think I was too open with personal details. Thoughts?

Thanks!

I always think that honesty is the best approach. I even told a POI during an interview that part of the reason I was interested in their program is because my wife's family is in the area and it didn't seem to have negtively affect my application... 

I never understood why not be personal, but  Iguess it's a cultural difference kindda thing...

In the US, it's generally advised to keep business and personal life separate. That's not always the case, but when you don't know the interviewer's perspective, you should stay cautious. Nothing wrong with being personal, but being too personal can have some impact

Thanks for the replies. The reason I am wondering about mentioning the breakup is because before I moved, I was at a job that was very relevant to the clinical work I'd be doing in the grad program. Though, my new job has a different age group and settings, but same principles. Won't she wonder why I decided to readily to pick up and move from the previous, more relevant position if I just say because I got offered a new job?

If the interviewer does ask, you can always say that you wanted to expand your professional scope so that you'll have a broader perspective as a clinician though your promary interests remain with the field of your first job. Again- if it was me, I would have still said the truth becuase I think it would make me seem more personable (for the same reason it's customary to put DOB and marital status on one's C.V in my home country), but I realize it's not common in the U.S...