Watching my emails, but NOTHING comes!

sqrwtrmln

I've never hated weekends so much in my life as I do during this application season.

I'm sure many of you feel the same.

I must say, I am actually somewhat thankful for the weekends because that is the time that I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about the situation.  Its during the week that is rough, because I know that they are in the office, and must be discussing all of our apps, and why on earth can't they just send me that email or pick up the phone!! As soon as I know its technically close-of-business for the day at each school, I actually relax a bit.  Besides, I can have a cocktail and sleep in on the weekends, which helps this situation a lot!  :lol:

I've had a handful of acceptances posted for some of my schools: 3 for one, 1 for 3 others.  These are not overwhelming numbers.  I have yet to hear a thing and the online portals haven't changed either.  I'm wondering if different area foci in the schools sent out letters at different times.  In some ways I guess no news i good news as far as rejections go. I want to hear something!

I saw that some people were getting interviews from a school I applied to yesterday. I e-mailed the department today to ask if they were still inviting prospective students to interview and did not receive a response all day, even though I know the e-mail was read. Is this a bad sign? 

I had made this great little calendar to calm myself, using the past 2-3 years' data to determine when the likely times were for hearing back from universities. That way I could focus on just being stressed/worried about the universities that typically respond at any given point. And now it seems like all of the ones I applied to are doing things way earlier or later than ever before! My little calendar is utterly useless. Maybe they're on to us?

Has anyone heard from UCSD-MS CS (after Feb 10th)?

According to the grad cafe results, there were no acceptances after Feb 10th.

Any idea?

That's driving me crazy! :(

Edited by Abby_

Historygypsy were you accepted into American studies at Penn State? I ask because I applied to their history program.

Yep, American Studies at Penn State! I think they made their decisions for that program rather early this year. I would imagine they'd be making history decisions before too long.