Vanderbilt MS Biostats--Does this count as Interview?

lisa8191

So I just received email from Vanderbilt as below:

"I am writing to gauge your continued interest in Vanderbilt's Biostatistics program. This year we received over 150 applications. Because we only accept 4 PhD and 4 MS students each year, the admissions committee pays special attention to an applicant's 'fit' with our program's educational philosophy and environment. 

To better gauge this fit, I would like to speak with you about our program and your interests. This will give me an opportunity to get to know you better and give you an opportunity to learn about our program and our department.

I'm sure your application has generated significant interest from other programs. If you have already made a decision to attend another program, I would appreciate knowing that as well."

Does this count as interview? Since I applied to MS, I didn't expect an interview...

Also, is Biostats program in Vanderbilt U. a established program? Didn't see many comments on the program in Vanderbilt U. so I'm just curious...

Thanks,

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

I did research the school. However, there's not much info on the alumni/future career and I couldn't find much people's comments on the department itself. I know Vanderbilt is a good research university just not sure about the career path and stuff like that.