Canadian Universities - OISE Applicants

hazelnut.latte

I had to google it as I hadn't either! It takes retrieving your U of T student number from SGS and a pin (info on the first page) of ROSI. Also I applied to the same program as you but I'm international (American) so I'd be interested to see if you see an update (I didn't as far as I could tell)! Who is your POI? (Welcome to PM that if you want)

Edited by FantasticalDevPsych

The day after I contacted the program office and they gave me the good news, the POI emailed me and congratulated me which was a great assurance. They sure have an odd way of doing things.

Anyone know what health/dental benefits are covered under U of T/OISE?

Hey all, 

I just heard from my POI and unofficially I am on the waitlist for the Social Justice Education PhD and might be offered a spot in the Doctor of Education programme (Ed. D. but unfunded. 

Has anyone else been waitlisted or accepted into the SJE PhD? 

I just talked to the Social Justice Education department at OISE. Unofficially, I'M IN!!! I'm very happy, but making the decision just got harder :)

Was it Abigail Bakan you talked to? I got told friday that I am on the waitlist but maybe calling them on the phone might help. 

Was it Abigail Bakan you talked to? I got told friday that I am on the waitlist but maybe calling them on the phone might help. 

I just replied to your message. I didn't talk to Abigail Bakan. Just call the office, and be prepared to keep calling until they pick up. They are very nice and understanding but quit busy it seems.

I'm still on the waitlist for SJE and was told that 'things would become more clear' in 3-4 weeks. Have some other offers that I don't think I can extend that long. I am partial to OISE and to living in Toronto though so I am holding out hope! Any more news from anyone applying to SJE? From past years it looks like people start to get letters in late march. 

Call the Program Administrator, the decisions have been made over two weeks ago. They know who is in and who is not in their system, but the official results will be sent mid March. I called them and they gave me the results.

I called the program chair for DPE and she told me that she would have someone from the admissions committee contact me regarding the "notifications procedures this year".. guess some departments are a lot more willing to give students information than others! It seems like our program is the only one at OISE that hasn't contacted any students :( killing me!! 

Found out through ROSI that I have been admitted to my first choice. :) Use your student/applicant number and sign in. 

Before it had said "No Registration History", while now it says that my degree is Educational Leadership & Policy, Fall 2015 with graduate funding.

I just checked on ROSI and it does seem like I am registered for my program (MA in Higher Education), and it does say Yes for "Graduate Funding" but in Status it says "Financially Cancelled". Does anyone know what that means? I don't want to get my hopes up to realize I got rejected  :huh: !

Does anyone know how competitive MA programs at OISE really are. I'm specifically interested in the Educational Leadership & Policy program and the Curriculum Studies and Teacher Development program. I've heard approx over 50 people apply for 3 or 4 funded spots. Does this seem accurate?

Edited by Bibliophilic

Does anyone know how competitive MA programs at OISE really are. I'm specifically interested in the Educational Leadership & Policy program and the Curriculum Studies and Teacher Development program. I've heard approx over 50 people apply for 3 or 4 funded spots. Does this seem accurate?

Sounds right to me. I was told for the PhD spots, 80-100 applicants apply for 5-6 spots. So the MA numbers look kinda along the same lines.

Anyone received their letter yet? I was told by the RO's yesterday that the first batch went out on Friday.

Also, anyone know if U of T allows one to start the PhD program if you haven't defended your MA yet by September? I hate to have to deffer my admission or worse, loose it and have to apply again next year.

I've applied to the PhD program in SJE. Haven't heard anything yet nor have I emailed them. For those wait listed, do you know how many people are also on the wait list?

I've been accepted elsewhere but rejected all but one, not only because of deadlines but I feel bad for people on the wait list. I did manage to extend the deadline for the one school I'm content with attending, but still want to wait to see what OISE says.

I got the official letter yesterday. They said the first round of letters went out on Friday.

Just got my official letter of offer yesterday! :) Disappointed that they fund M.A. students only for year 1 though.

^^Congratulations guys :)!! This is amazing news; hopefully the rest of us hear back soon!