Canadian Universities - OISE Applicants

hazelnut.latte

Just got my official letter of offer yesterday! :) Disappointed that they fund M.A. students only for year 1 though.

Isn't the MA program only 1 year though? Congrats btw.

Edited by Bibliophilic

Isn't the MA program only 1 year though? Congrats btw.

Nope, it's two years. First year is for the courses, second year is for the thesis. I will have to try my luck with external scholarships.

Thank you. :)

Nope, it's two years. First year is for the courses, second year is for the thesis. I will have to try my luck with external scholarships.

Thank you. :)

So since year two doesn't involve taking any classes, can one work fulltime and still be registered a fulltime student?

So since year two doesn't involve taking any classes, can one work fulltime and still be registered a fulltime student?

That's a good question. I'm not sure of the answer.

Hi All, Congratulations to those who got their acceptance letters. 

I applied to PhD in  SJE and still waiting. I checked ROSI, sgs site, and contacted with registrar. All I know at this point is that " We are working diligently to ensure applicants receive results as quickly as possible.  We anticipate applicants who applied by December 1 or shortly thereafter will receive notification by early April at the latest." 

I guess no news is good news:)

Edited by regular

This waiting process is an extremely hard one. ROSI still has that ugly, red NO REGISTRATION HISTORY, SGS status UNDER REVIEW, no email, no snail mail received. Do not know what to think or what to expect but still hoping for the best. All the best everyone. Grateful for this forum.

This waiting process is an extremely hard one. ROSI still has that ugly, red NO REGISTRATION HISTORY, SGS status UNDER REVIEW, no email, no snail mail received. Do not know what to think or what to expect but still hoping for the best. All the best everyone. Grateful for this forum.

It can be awfully long! Did you apply to the MA? I heard from OISE (I am very thankful) but am still waiting to hear back from the other four programs that I applied to...the wait is finally starting to get to me!! 

It can be awfully long! Did you apply to the MA? I heard from OISE (I am very thankful) but am still waiting to hear back from the other four programs that I applied to...the wait is finally starting to get to me!! 

Yes I applied to the MA, my patience is being tried. 

I see that you applied to great programs. I am currently studying MSW at York. It is a great program and funding is pretty good. Good luck.

I see that you applied to great programs. I am currently studying MSW at York. It is a great program and funding is pretty good. Good luck.

yeah honestly if money was no issue, OISE SJE would be my top choice, but especially being an international student i am really hoping on hearing something from York. I really want to go to graduate school but adding at least 30k a year onto my already existing undergrad loans to go to U of T doesn't sound that enticing. And I really love York's social justice focus that they seem to have in almost all of their graduate programs!

Hi again :)

Yesterday I received an offer from OISE for MA in Higher Education :)! I am very thankful! They matched me with a professor who wasn't in my preferred list so I will still have to contact them and see if we're a good fit! I'm also still waiting to hear back from my other programs to make an informed decision! Are there any other MA in HE applicants out there?? 

Also, one note for all of you to keep in mind once you get your offers, is that you get 3 weeks from the date of offer mentioned on the actual document (my date was the 13th) even though I only got the letter yesterday (27th). I called them this morning and inquired about the deadline and the lady on the phone said 3 weeks from the day you got the offer is fine (but I wouldn't be so sure). 

Anyways, best of luck for you all of you :)

Hi again :)

Yesterday I received an offer from OISE for MA in Higher Education :)! I am very thankful! They matched me with a professor who wasn't in my preferred list so I will still have to contact them and see if we're a good fit! I'm also still waiting to hear back from my other programs to make an informed decision! Are there any other MA in HE applicants out there?? 

Also, one note for all of you to keep in mind once you get your offers, is that you get 3 weeks from the date of offer mentioned on the actual document (my date was the 13th) even though I only got the letter yesterday (27th). I called them this morning and inquired about the deadline and the lady on the phone said 3 weeks from the day you got the offer is fine (but I wouldn't be so sure). 

Anyways, best of luck for you all of you :)

Congrats there!

I've been admitted to the M.A. in Educational Leadership and Policy, and have not been matched. It's a little bothersome because I would have wanted to know who my supervisor is before throwing myself into the degree. U of Ottawa, on the other hand, told me who my supervisor is, and I received a personal email from him right away. Sigh. Prestigious schools are prestigious. 

unofficially waitlisted to the Ph.d in social justice. 

As am I..although I was really hoping that if I wasn't accepted I would just get a rejection!

Edited by howlx

As am I..although I was really hoping that if I wasn't accepted I would just get a rejection!

I am all about thinking positive. we both still have a chance! :) worst case, life goes on with unexpected better opportunities! 

I am all about thinking positive. we both still have a chance! :) worst case, life goes on with unexpected better opportunities! 

Absolutely! But I've been accepted elsewhere and I was hoping that I would finally decide which school I would be attending. Being waitlisted has just thrown everything off! Hopefully the process isn't too long! Do you have any idea how many people have been waitlisted? 

So I sent an email to check the status of my application. Just received a response that they can confirm that official notification of results for all programs was mailed out earlier this week and they are not able to release unofficial results. Why no email?  :unsure:. Just need to know...