Unique situation, not sure if it's an interview?

MidwesternAloha

Long story short (I'll give you the highlights)

-Applied to a certain program at a school

-Rejected from said program, with a note asking my permission to allow them to transfer it to a different track for possible review (I thought this to be a generic rejection alternative, but agreed)

-No word for another month

-Receive email from a faculty member asking for a list of times to speak on the phone regarding my research interests

.... Is this an interview? Or a screening? Their recruitment weekend has not yet taken place. Any insight or interpretation would be appreciated

I definitely think that it's a good sign! If they want to talk to you, it means they're still interested in you as a candidate, albeit in a perhaps different track than you had originally planned. So I would treat it as an interview and prepare accordingly. Of course, there's no guarantee that an interview will lead to acceptance but it sounds like the school hasn't ruled out the possibility of accepting you. Good luck!