Jump to content

Urgent: Visa advice for visiting day

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,


So I have been accepted into a PhD program at UC Davis and am planning to visit the campus on the visiting day. I just wanted to know which visa category should I apply for as a visitor: Business or Tourist. I am not sure which one of these would apply to my case. The university is ready to send me any documentation I might require but is reluctant to advise me for the visa category since I am not a student yet. Even the embassy helpline has refused to entertain my queries regarding visa category. Any idea which category should I apply for? Surely, international students must have visited campuses before?


Also, when it comes to documentation for the embassy visit: Would printouts of emails (and official decision letter) do, or would I have to procure the same from the university through snail mail?




Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think there are any differences though~ you can get combined B-1/B-2 visa (usually is the case), which is both for leisure and business purpose if you're not quite sure.


Edited by Maxtini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.