Purdue 2015 Fall

csStudent

I am Laith , accepted for computer engineering degree @ Purdue, I would like to know other guys who will go to Purdue starting at the same semester?

Furthermore, if I can find a guy to be my roommate that will be gr8 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

This is Suyash. I got an acceptance for PhD for Fall 2015. Would be pursuing systems and compilers field.

Hey Suyash , that is really interesting as i will also be working in systems and compilers field!!! are in the computer science or computer engineering department?

Hey Laith

Great to know that you would also be pursuing systems area. I have got admision from the computer science department. Are there different departments for Computer Science and Computer Engineering ?

Yes actually , Computer engineering is under electrical and computer engineering department (ECE).

I know it is a little bit weird that they are separated , but I will try to take as much as i can coursed from CS department as

I am more interested in the software part !!!

I will be working at supporting parallel execution on multi-core and heterogeneous architectures , through compilers.

it will be nice to know you , specially if you will be working at the same topic.

Thats great, my research during MS was centered around parallel computing on multi-core architecture. I find parallel computing an interesting topic to research on.

So Laith, lets have a bit more introduction. Which nation you reside in and which is your masters university ? I hail from India, and did my masters from Indian Institute of Technology Madras.

WelI am from Jordan , I got my undergraduate degree from Princess Sumaya University (Jordan) , and I was accepted in a direct PhD degree, I do not hold a MS degree.

I have an undergraduate research experience in Instruction scheduling and Register pressure minimization optimizations.

He is not one of the profs whom i contacted before being admitted , However after receiving the acceptance I contacted him to see if he is seeking research assistance,and things gone well.

what about you, whom are you going to work with ? or it's still not determined.?

I am going to work with Prof. Suresh Jagannathan. I had contacted him prior to applying and also got an opportunity to get interviewed by him. So, for me the research advior is determined. He told me his area of interests, but my own broader area is still to be decided.