Jump to content

Anxiety making a decision


Recommended Posts

So I've been accepted to the Scm program in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology at Johns Hopkins, and I've already found my ideal apartment in Baltimore and am driving down this weekend to sign a preliminary lease agreement (I can always break it if I have to).  I'm still waiting on admissions decisions from Caltech BBE, Baylor College of Medicine, Scripps, and U Penn, but I feel like I would have heard by now and I'm very anxious about waiting longer to accept the offer from Hopkins.  Any thoughts?  This is worse than the applications!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, you have to consider whether you would accept any of the other programs over JHU - and how you would feel if you accept at JHU and then get into another program later.  If JHU is your top choice, regardless of what other programs may say or offer you, then jump in.  But if you aren't 100% sure, you still have time. 


I just accepted my offer a few days ago, but remember you literally have until April 15th in most programs.  Your spot is safe until then :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.