Top IR Schools Abroad??

09grad

The Graduate Institute in Geneva has some great offerings in international economics: http://www.graduateinstitute.ch/economi ... aster.html . If you want a lighter quantitative load, look into their MIA. They're also a member of APSIA and are surrounded by international orgs. The UN is literally across the street.

LSE has a pretty wide variety of programs, but I think most have their faults. (Either being too academic (IR), too quantitative (msc economics), or not quantitative enough (development studies)). My favorite program they offer is their MPA in Public and Economic Policy.

Oxford has an interesting MSc in Economics for Development.

Other European IR programs that are accredited through APSIA are at the University of St. Gallen, MGIMO University, Sciences Po, and the Stockholm School of Economics.

My preferences, as an English speaker, would be: (1) Graduate Institute, (2) LSE MPA, and (3) Oxford. If you speak French, Russian, German, or Swedish, you might want to look into those other APSIA schools. If you want to work in the US afterward, you might want to stick to one of the bigger names.

• 5 weeks later...