North Carolina Schools

Hey all, I didn't see a topic for specifically North Carolina schools, so I'm starting one. Other than UNC-Chapel Hill and Western Carolina, have any other schools notified applicants?

Also, those of you in post-bacc or undergrad programs, what do people/professors at your school think about other schools in the area as far as reputation and who they tend to accept?

I got an acceptance email from UNC Greensboro yesterday afternoon. They said I should be hearing via email again within a week and receiving a package in the mail so keep a look out on your email!!  :)

Also, for anyone who missed it, ECU's results will be delayed. I received this email yesterday:

• "I had wanted to give you answers by the end of the day today, but our analysis has delayed us.  We hope to notify you as quickly as possible and we are sorry for the wait.  We know how difficult it is and we are working diligently to give you answers as quickly as possible.  For the many of you who started Spring Break today, please be safe and enjoy some relaxation time. I hope to be able to email you an answer by the end of next week at the latest." (sent March 6)

Hey, guys!

I've applied to Western Carolina and heard back yesterday. Still have a lot of logistics to figure out!

Masieface - best of luck with applying to WCU! They have a really top-notch program and kind faculty.

About Greensboro: They have sent it to some people, but not everyone. People say they're going in order... I know I submitted mine at the last second and I haven't heard back yet.

Edited by lefuseau

They have sent it to some people, but not everyone. People say they're going in order... I know I submitted mine at the last second and I haven't heard back yet.

Okay! I emailed them yesterday and they responded saying we should know within 2 weeks. Thank you for telling me though!!

Edited by pfeifferl11

Does anyone have any idea how competitive or not Appalachian State is? This is my second year applying and I have had only rejections so far...was wait listed to a few last year and now only rejections. Hoping for the best! Any input would do!

Does anyone have any idea how competitive or not Appalachian State is? This is my second year applying and I have had only rejections so far...was wait listed to a few last year and now only rejections. Hoping for the best! Any input would do!

I was curious about this too! Looking at last years gradcafe results page stats seem to vary alot. Some very high and some lower GPA's with acceptance right away (3.9s and 3.4), then some 3.6 GPAs with waitlist and others w the same stats got straight rejection. My assumption for this would be that they look at the canidate as a whole and not strictly off of GRE/GPA's. Atleast I hope thats the case. Also looks like a decent amount of people were accepted off the waitlist so thats always a good sign. If anyone knows actual stats/information and not just whats posted online please share :) And goodluck katie14 hope things work out for you, stay positive :)

Hey everyone! I see a lot of posts about Western, App, and UNCG, have any of you applied to NCCU? We were notified last week, I have accepted the offer. Just wanted to see if anyone else would be attending!

Hey everyone! I see a lot of posts about Western, App, and UNCG, have any of you applied to NCCU? We were notified last week, I have accepted the offer. Just wanted to see if anyone else would be attending!

Jzb, I just accepted my offer for Central too!

lefuseau, jzb060807: Have either of you made a facebook group yet!? I'm thinking of attending Central but not 100% positive yet. Would love a facebook group to talk to all those who have been accpeted! 

lefuseau, jzb060807: Have either of you made a facebook group yet!? I'm thinking of attending Central but not 100% positive yet. Would love a facebook group to talk to all those who have been accpeted! 

I tried to, but it wouldn't let me create a closed group without adding at least one other person to it.

I tried to, but it wouldn't let me create a closed group without adding at least one other person to it.

Maybe make it an open group so I can join and then you can close it? Just tell me what to search for and I'll join, I'm Leilani, so if you see me join, you'll know its me and not just a random :o)

Maybe make it an open group so I can join and then you can close it? Just tell me what to search for and I'll join, I'm Leilani, so if you see me join, you'll know its me and not just a random :o)

I have no idea what that face is at the end...? lol

OK I tried it again, and then it won't even let me make an open group without adding members. I'm doing my post bacc online so I don't have anyone added on FB or know anyone going to Central.

So I went ahead and made a private group and added a dummy account that my friend made a while back as a member haha. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1547644988843054/

Hey! Congrats! Would you mind taking yourself off the lists for the other schools you got accepted to/ are still waiting to hear from ASAP? my only NC schools left are the ones you applied to as well :) it might be paranoid, but every spot counts right?? I really don't want to have to apply to another round next year!! Haha

Hey! Congrats! Would you mind taking yourself off the lists for the other schools you got accepted to/ are still waiting to hear from ASAP? my only NC schools left are the ones you applied to as well :) it might be paranoid, but every spot counts right?? I really don't want to have to apply to another round next year!! Haha

Hey! I have removed my name off of all other lists, good luck!!

Don't worry I did! I'll change my signature.