Meeting with Assistant Director of Admissions

NervousNellie

One of the schools to which I am applying doesn't have applicant interviews, but somewhat alternatively, encourages folks to attend a small group (3-5 people on average) "informational meeting" with an Assistant Director of Admissions. Somewhat spontaneously I called admissions this week with my many questions, and ended up scheduling myself for the session TOMORROW :o. It may not be a real interview, but it sure feels like one.

Should I come in transcripts in hand and try to sort out all my application headaches, or should I treat this more as an interview and really try to present myself as the ideal candidate for the school that I believe I am :P?

Is your meeting with the Assistant Director of Admissions for your whole school, your faculty, or your department?

I would use the time to get any information you need that you won't be able to reasonably get from an administrative assistant. Questions about transcript submission sounds too low-level. Questions about the nature and level of funding, or the schools' resources or placement records might be more fruitful.

Well, I went. I think I blew it. She gave me an opening for questions, I asked a couple good ones, and then out of nervousness I went on and on with my admissions/application questions and I could tell by the end that I had not impressed her at all. Ugh. :cry: