Which Schools Look More at GPA/GRE

Hey guys,

I've been looking to SLP graduate programs to apply to. I'm an out-of-fielder, and while my GPA, GREs and letter of recommendations are great, I'm lacking in extracurricular activities. I have a lot of experience with children and with research, but none directly correlates with SLP. 

So I was basically wondering if any of you know which programs mainly care about things like GPA, GRE or letters of recommendation rather than your extracurriculars. 

Here are the programs I'm looking into: UVA, ODU, Radford, U of Maine, Georgia State U, U Georgia, Northwestern, Boston U

Any information you can give me would be great. Thanks!

I visited UVA this summer and the professor flat out told me they base their decisions off of GPA and GRE only... However, their website says something completely differently but I would trust the word of the professor over the website which probably hasn't been update in a few years.

I also visited Radford this fall and they look a lot at GPA and GRE but also do consider other factors. However if you have a strong GPA and GRE I doubt a lack of extra curriculars would prevent you from an acceptance.

Work with children / research is more applicable than you think. Find ways to tie past experiences to what you want to achieve as an SLP, and center your statement of purpose around that.

My impression has been that while many programs do care about your resume/experiences, they are particularly important in helping you craft an engaging SOP. So, if you focus on making your SOP really great with the experiences you do have, you're probably in a great position.