USC vs. UPenn (Comm PHD)

Hi All,

I'm a little torn between the two Annenbergs, and cannot find solid info comparing the two PhD Comm programs side by side. I know the overall university rankings are somewhat different, but it seems like the Annenberg Schools are both top-rated. My emphasis is on Comm Policy, and though both schools have people I would like to work with, I wanted to find out if anyone had any 1) experience at one or the other, and/or 2) insights as to advantages and disadvantages of one program over the other. I'm thinking about future employability, academic quality, etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm a little torn between the two Annenbergs, and cannot find solid info comparing the two PhD Comm programs side by side. I know the overall university rankings are somewhat different, but it seems like the Annenberg Schools are both top-rated. My emphasis is on Comm Policy, and though both schools have people I would like to work with, I wanted to find out if anyone had any 1) experience at one or the other, and/or 2) insights as to advantages and disadvantages of one program over the other. I'm thinking about future employability, academic quality, etc. Thanks in advance.

Were you at the recruitment weekend in Feb?