Jump to content

Discovered can practice privately in MA with a M.A. in School Psych!!


Recommended Posts

I want to work in a school as a school psychologist- I will be entering either a MA/CAGS or MA/EdS program in school psych for the fall. I have been thinking how I do want that flexibility to work outside the school though, at some point (probably not right away), and have been thinking about pursuing my doctorate after this. However, I just discovered, with a Master's degree and two years as a school psychologist in Massachusetts, one can apply to become an educational psychologist and practice privately. This is great, it gives some flexibility I didn't know I had.

Thoughts on this, or experiences from those who have decided to work outside the school a little bit in this field??


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had never heard of this before, although I had heard something about being able to be licensed in some states with just an M.A., but never learned any specifics. Anyway, I looked it up online, and you are correct. I even found the application.




I'm curious if this would mean that you would only be officially licensed as an educational psychologist in Massachusetts or if this would allow someone to practice elsewhere as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.