Using Funding from One School...

I know that a lot of people on this forum have used funding from one program to get another program to increase its funding offer. Does anyone have any experience using non-funding aspects (particularly the convenience of going to  a program in a city in which you already live as opposed to moving to go to another) of one program to get another to increase its financial aid offer?

My list is down to a few schools, and one of them, where I currently live, is not offering money, while a couple in other areas are offering small amounts. I like all the programs but would like to see if I can get the small-amount schools to increase their offers by discussing the temptation of staying where I currently am instead of moving and that sort of thing. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I do not personally have experience with this, but, if you do decide to do something like this I advise you to be really careful in your wording, etc. You don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth!