So confused :( Would like opinions!

Hi everyone! I'm new here :D

I applied for two Masters programs in History, and I got into both. 

School A is the one I've had my heart set on for years. It's quite prestigious. I am a great fit, a lot of the professors in the faculty have similar research interests and I would like to network with them, and I have a great supervisor who I have research experience with and who I really like. The issue is that they don't fund MA students at all. I could afford to pay for the program out of pocket if I wanted to.

School B is not as prestigious, and I only applied to it as a Plan B in case I didn't get into my first choice. However, they gave me full funding and a scholarship, as well as a Graduate Assistant position. I feel terrible turning it down.

I intend to apply to PhD programs. My main issue is: How good is it to have a scholarship/GA position on your application for PhD programs? Would I really be missing out on anything aside from money if I went to School A?

Thanks for reading!

It sounds like you really have your heart set on A. You said you can pay for it out of pocket -- if that's the case I don't see why you shouldn't go! If you can get research experience through school A's MA program then that will help you to get into PhD programs.

IMO you'd only be missing out on the money. But, I am not in your field, so I can't be positive.

Edited by lxwllms

Thanks for your replies :D

Yes, having funding looks good on your applications. Is School B a decent research fit?

It's alright, but it's not as good as School A :( That's why I wanna go to A so bad!

Would school A also be your top PhD choice? If yes, go there.

Yes it would be.