Michigan State University - 2015

ritapita

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be attending MSU for the Fall 2015 semester to start my masters in Speech-language pathology. I did my undergrad studies at Western Michigan University! I'm definitely nervous to start at a new school, but I'm also pretty excited to see what's to come. Does anyone have recommendations for living around MSU's campus?

I'm headed back to msu for political

Science. I went to msu for undergrad as well. East lansing is great place to live but the surrounding areas are nice as well. A lot of graduate students live in Haslett and okemos as well as lansing. East Lansing is pretty much msu campus. It all depends on what kind of environment you want because there are definitely apartment complexes I would avoid as a graduate student such asLandings, chandlers crossing, etc. If your main priority is to be close to campus or on campus then your going have to put up with undergrad shenanigans sometimes. But if you don't mind driving 10 minutes you can escape some of that. There are a lot apartments/houses that are even i bus routes. Im going to be living in a condo in Lansing about 10 min from campus. Hope that helped! Feel free to ask away

I'm headed back to msu for political

Science. I went to msu for undergrad as well. East lansing is great place to live but the surrounding areas are nice as well. A lot of graduate students live in Haslett and okemos as well as lansing. East Lansing is pretty much msu campus. It all depends on what kind of environment you want because there are definitely apartment complexes I would avoid as a graduate student such asLandings, chandlers crossing, etc. If your main priority is to be close to campus or on campus then your going have to put up with undergrad shenanigans sometimes. But if you don't mind driving 10 minutes you can escape some of that. There are a lot apartments/houses that are even i bus routes. Im going to be living in a condo in Lansing about 10 min from campus. Hope that helped! Feel free to ask away

Hi I'll be at MSU next year for History. I wish to bike to campus. Which neighborhoods do you recommend that will make life easier for biker? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

If you plan to bike then I would stay close to grand river and Michigan ave. There are mostly houses just north of campus there are a few high rises but they are super expensive, most of the house shares are very affordable. People post a lot of housing on regular Craigslist and msu Craigslist on Facebook. North of campus past grand river is also prime location for being close to all the bars and walking to campus for games so it can get a bit rowdy. There are more apartments east of campus on grand river and West of campus on Michigan Ave that are pretty affordable and its on the #1 bus line so In the winter when its gets too snowy you can hop on a bus easily and get to campus quickly. Hope that helped!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm moving from Portland, OR in August for the Rehabilitation Counseling Program. My partner is from Jackson so he knows about Michigan but neither of us know much about Lansing so housing tips are much appreciated. I would like to bike/bus as well. Is public transit fairly accessible to most of the surrounding neighborhoods? Also there are only 8 people in my program and I would love to find them....does anyone have any tips on locating your cohort before school starts? Would this forum be the main place?

Thanks!