Columbia MA English and Comparative

Did anyone get an answer yet? I emailed them and was told that I'm part of the prospective group and will get an answer when they get answers from the first round of admissions? Is that the same thing as wait listed? Does that mean that outright rejections have been sent out already?

Did anyone get an answer yet? I emailed them and was told that I'm part of the prospective group and will get an answer when they get answers from the first round of admissions? Is that the same thing as wait listed? Does that mean that outright rejections have been sent out already?

Hey guys - I got the same "second round" email from them a few weeks ago. I emailed them back again today (I have deadlines on April 15, what else can I do?) and was told that since there aren't any scholarships, they may not be sticking to the April 15 deadline and that they haven't made a decision about my file yet. I'm thinking at this point that I'll most likely have to end up making a decision before I hear from them. 

I asked if being in the prospective group is the same thing as being wait listed and she said that there is an official waitlist with a more complicated procedure but they are not using it. Who even knows what that means!!! It's kind of odd that they would make decisions after April 15th, do they expect us to wait around for them and miss out on other schools? I don't get it.

I asked if being in the prospective group is the same thing as being wait listed and she said that there is an official waitlist with a more complicated procedure but they are not using it. Who even knows what that means!!! It's kind of odd that they would make decisions after April 15th, do they expect us to wait around for them and miss out on other schools? I don't get it.

Honestly, I just think they're like "We're Columbia and so we can do whatever we want."

I dunno, I'm not gonna wait around to hear back from them. If they can't even give me an answer by mid-April, I'm certainly not going to neglect my other offers just to hear back. I think it's really rude to treat your applicants like that. 

Totally agree. It shows that they don't have enough interest in us as candidates to give us a timely answer. If that's the case, then why should we should we be interested in going there?