Appalachian State University

I'm starting to get really concerned that I havent' heard anything and it's almost April. And when I log into my portal, it still says that my application is complete and ready for review, which I take to mean that it hasn't been looked at. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mhmm. I emailed the acting chair Friday morning asking if she could just shed some light on where they are in the admissions process, but I've heard nothing back yet.

I hate not hearing back from them too! I emailed them at the end of February (2/24) and they responded that decisions would be made on or before April 15th, but that is all I have heard so far! :(

yeah, i completely agree! I actually just called to double check and they said they are still in the review process and we will know on or before April 15th but no later...so some hope! Just wish it was sooner rather than later!

Edited by katie14

Just an FYI for everyone, I heard that App State University will be closed on Monday April 6th and Tuesday the 7th, so no need to waste time checking emails those days! (Though I will be anyway because it's become an impulsive habit I cannot seem to stop) The two days off might even mean that we don't hear back any day next week either...but here's to hoping?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I noticed on the results page that someone has received an acceptance from Appalachian State today, and if that person is on here or if anyone else has been accepted, are they still requiring that you decide by Wednesday (April 15) or are they giving you two weeks? Was financial aid included in the acceptance or did they mention this coming at a later date? Thanks! 

Also, if you were accepted, when did the committee tell you to respond by?? Really hoping to get in!! Although I'm not sure it will happen this cycle with my low GRE math score  :(

I didn't get any notification, however I have a friend who got in today. She said her email indicated she needed to let them know by wednesday the 15th! Pretty crazy... I know she will be denying

Well, I just received my notification that a decision had been made -- rejection letter was waiting in the portal. I'm really glad I didn't wait around to accept my offer to East Carolina!