UIUC vs CU Boulder Aero

Hey guys! 

I am from India and I got an admit for MS in aerospace engineering from CU Boulder (With thesis) and MS in aerospace engineering (without thesis). I am really confused which school is better because I have heard from seniors that students have rejected schools like Stanford, GATech and UIUC for the aerospace graduate program in Boulder. Can someone help me check the veracity of this? 

What are your general thoughts?

Please reply soon :)

CU Boulder and UIUC are similarly ranked for aero grad programs, so you'll get top notch education at either school. It really comes down to funding, cost, research, and location. A lot of times, prospective students will go to schools where their areas of research are strongly represented by well known faculty regardless of overall school and department ranking. CU Boulder has a strong focus on space/astronautics so if you wanna do research in this area then you have your decision. Also the amount of funding you receive, cost of tuition, and cost of living should be considered as well. For location, I personally think Boulder is a beautiful mountain town and way better than UC which is completely flat and surrounded by farmland (and super cold during the winter). 

CU Boulder and UIUC are similarly ranked for aero grad programs, so you'll get top notch education at either school. It really comes down to funding, cost, research, and location. A lot of times, prospective students will go to schools where their areas of research are strongly represented by well known faculty regardless of overall school and department ranking. CU Boulder has a strong focus on space/astronautics so if you wanna do research in this area then you have your decision. Also the amount of funding you receive, cost of tuition, and cost of living should be considered as well. For location, I personally think Boulder is a beautiful mountain town and way better than UC which is completely flat and surrounded by farmland (and super cold during the winter). 

Thank you for your reply! In terms of jobs or opportunities for securing internships while studying etc, which do you think is a better location? Do you have any idea which state has more options?