SUNY New Paltz

I just was invited to interview at this school. And I was hoping that those who have interviewed and been accepted could offer insight to what kinds of questions are asked. I saw someone mention on the results page that they were not what was expected and I was wondering what you meant. Any information would be more appreciated :) I'm so nervous!

The interview focused on personal questions like your interests and past experiences. They also had a writing sample for you and they give you a decent amount of time to respond to the questions, I didn't feel rushed at all when I was writing. But as far as the questions go, don't be nervous, none of them were out of left field or anything like that and they were very friendly and it was all very relaxed for me. I'm sure you'll do just fine, don't worry!  :D

Are any of the questions speech related or coursework related or is it all personal?  Coursework type questions absolutely terrify me!! And is the writing sample also more personal?  I cant wait until this interview is over i have it monday via skype :wacko:

If you haven't already interviewed can you ask when those who were just interviewed should know by? And if they know how many spots? They were very unclear when I asked but I wonder after interviewing some and giving out acceptances if they have a better idea. 

she told me that i may not hear until after wednesday because i was waitlisted, she made it seem like everyone should hear by wednesday, she told me if i needed a decision because i had deposits at other schools that i could email her and ask what my decision was, but i dont know if i really want to push them like that

Thank you it did! I still have to do the writing sample tomorrow so its not over yet.. I'm sure if you email and tell them you need to know before wednesday because you have other deposits to put down they will try and tell you, at least thats what she told me.  Good luck!!