University of Vermont (Fall 2015)

Mastershaakti

There doesn't seem to be a large graduate population at UVM or presence on Gradcafe, but I thought I'd try this to see what happens. I'll be starting the PhD social psychology program (moving approximately early August). If anyone else is a starting or continuing graduate student, please feel free to comment or message me! I'm interested in connecting with new/current grad folk, housing/moving advice, Burlington/school quirks, where you are coming/came from, and anything else that seems appropriate! :) thanks!

Edited by Mastershaakti

• 2 months later...

Hi, Im not a grad student but a prospective one and current undergrad student going from my junior to senior year. However I have just finished my year abroad at UVM from coming from England. Burlington is a lovely town and UVM is a really nice school. The general atmosphere I got was it was laid back. The bus system is really good if you don't have a car. A lot of grad students go downtown where there are some great pubs/restaurants including Manhattans, RiRa (The Irish Pub) and Three Needs just to name a few. If you have any questions i may be able to answer a few of them. Hope some of that helpedĀ  :)

• 4 weeks later...

That's really cool. Thanks for the info! I'm glad you enjoyed your study abroad at UVM. I look forward to exploring the town myself. Did you find there was always something to do or does it get sleepy there or somewhere in the middle?

Edited by Mastershaakti