From law school to a PhD in Econ ?

melodie31

Hi everyone ! 

So I am currently doing a master degree in Law in France. I already have a bachelor in law in France as well. But I have been reading a lot about economics recently and I have attended some economics lectures in the past few years (I am studying at the University of Law of Toulouse, which is also hosting the Toulouse School of Economics in the same building). I feel very passionate about it and I wish to do a PhD in economics. 

I have been accepted at the University College Dublin in their higher diploma in economics program (http://www.ucd.ie/economics/graduateprogrammes/hdipecon_ft/). During that year, I intend to study the following classes :

SEMESTER ONE

Intermediate Microeconomics 1 

Applied Econometrics 

Advanced Microeconomics 

Statistics 

Game Theory 

Linear Algebra II 

SEMESTER TWO

Intermediate Macroeconomics 

Intermediate Microeconomics 2 

Advanced Macroeconomics  

Behavioural Economics

Multiple Variables Calculus

Intermediate Quantitative Techniques

Do you think this would be good enough to gain access in a PhD in Econ ? I am not looking specifically to get into an amazing school. I wish to work in academia afterwards. I am particularly interested in the dynamics between economics and the law so maybe my background in law school could be a plus... 

I also attended a maths university for a year, but dropped out, 4 years ago. I still pass the mathematical courses there (but failed the physics one, for lack of showing up...). Would  that count for something ? 

Thank you in advance !