Samford University Fall 2015 Cohort

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else has accepted their "seat" in Samford's CMDS Program for the Fall?! I am currently looking for apartments, and I think it would be beneficial (and cheaper rent) to stay with someone in the major. Please let me know so we can chat and hopefully help others who are wondering the same thing.  :) 

Blessings! 

• 3 weeks later...

I was accepted to Samford and am attending!! Searching for a roommate! We should start a group in order to find other members who are planning on attending! 

Hey guys, congrats on your acceptances! Just wanted to know how you guys heard about this program since its new, and if it is accredited? I'm a senior now, planning on taking a gap year. . . My gpa isn't the greatest, and was wondering how much emphasis you think they placed on gpa alone. Thanks for any feedback and best of luck in grad school!

• 2 weeks later...

@hopelessny it is in the process of becoming accredited! But we are the 1st official class which can be beneficial since they'll be asking us more for our feedback about the program and classes! I don't know how much emphasis they put on gpa but I'd assume it was based on "well-roundedness" in my opinion. My GRE wasn't the highest, but they didn't seem to put too much emphasis on test scores if they accepted mine haha. Good luck applying! 

I'm still on the wait list and am anxiously waiting for an answer. Has there been any news on how many seats they have left to fill? Or any news for that matter?

@idahotb We haven't heard anything and probably won't (unfortunately) until ASHA meets in July and they find out if they can start in the Fall or Spring.