How long does the graduate school take to respond after receiving unofficial acceptance

sassypenguin

How long did it take you to hear back from the overall "graduate school" after you received an unofficial acceptance from the department? 

How likely is it that they will turn you down if your GPA is below 3.0?

I'm freaking out.....this is one of my top programs and some schools want me to give them an answer tomorrow. 

I think you should call/email them as soon as possible and let them know that you are waiting on your official acceptance and want to be able to make an informed decision; also call the schools that are awaiting your response and see if you can get a deadline extension in the event that you don't get your final answer by tomorrow. 

For whatever it's worth, it took the school I will be attending over 3 weeks from the time of my unofficial acceptance to my official GSAS acceptance. I believe there's already a thread on this topic. The department may have to really petition for you if you were recommended by the department without meeting the requirements for admissions to the grad school (i.e. a cutoff GPA of at least 3.00 or a certain GRE minimum).   

Response time varies. I received my official admit 6 weeks after unofficial email from one of the adcoms. I would advise you to call them and explain your situation. All the best!